Popular face to face video calling app Google Duo is now available for Indian users. It is developed by Google, available on both Android and iOS. Duo launched in the United States on August 16, 2016 and globally a few days later. Duo quickly climbed to the number one free app on Google Play within two days of its initial release.
For Installing this app, just simply go to Google Play Store, fill in the details of the country you reside in, your phone number, type in the verification code received in SMS on the number entered, fill in the verification code, and you are ready to start.
Key Specs of Google Duos:
- HD 720p video
- Optimized for low bandwidth mobile networks. The app optimizes WebRTC and uses QUIC over UDP. Optimisation is further achieved through the degradation of video quality through monitoring network quality.
- “Knock Knock” – an Android-only feature which shows a live preview of the caller before the recipient picks up, which Google says is to “make calls feel more like an invitation rather than an interruption”
- End-to-end encryption by default
- Google Assistant support.
- Use of phone numbers to allow users to easily call people from their contact list
- Automatic switching between WiFi and mobile data